1. With a salary of 200 php a month, you could already purchase home appliances and furniture sets.
2. One hundred pesos will have you leaving the supermarket with 2 paper bags full of grocery items.
3. Bomba films (though I never got to watch any of those starring Rosanna Ortiz, Scarlet, and Stella Suarez)
4. Afternoon cartoon shows like The Super Friends, Batman and Robin, Superman, Yogi Bear, Shazam, Spy Shadow, the Herculoids, Moby Dick, and Mightor.
5. Prenoontime shows like Cafeteria Aroma starring ApengDaldal
6. The evening radio programs of Johnny de Leon and Ngongo (Ba’angMa’amis!), Ben David’s Dr. Horror, radio programs of IndayBadiday, Ike Lozada, Helen Vela, EspieFabon, Eddie Ilarde, and Eddie Ilagan
7. Playing “turumpo” , “teks (cards which are like cut up comic strips), “agawang base”, “habulan”, and “taguan”
8. Racing Popsicle sticks with designs
9. Lips and Tweet candies
10. The slides, swings, and seesaws at the back of the Quirino Grandstand in Luneta Park.
11. The sight of the double deck buses passing by Rizal Park.
12. Watching movies at State, Ideal, and Universal theatres along Rizal Avenue or Avenida
13. Swimming at the beach near Baclaran Church( when it was not yet a reclaimed area)
14. Real balanced programming of Channels 2, 7 9, and 13 meaning English TV shows are shown along with Filipino shows.
15. TV shows like Combat, SWAT, Charlie’s Angels, The Twilight Zone, Free Spirit, Alf, the Working Girl, The Champions, UFO, the Gemini Man, Little House on the Prairie, and The Six Million Dollar Man.
16. Filipino TV comedy shows like AngBiyenan Kong Mangkukulam, GinangMilyonarya, Si TatangKasi, Si Tatang Sa.., ManaMana, My Son My Son, John and Marsha, Super Laff-in, Plaza 1899, Padre de Pamilya, and KuwentongKutsero.
17. Filipino TV suspense shows like AngMahiwagangDaigdigniDoray, Gabi ngLagim, Limbo, and Malikmata
18. Filipino action and fantasy TV shows like OraEngkantada, Monza, and Apollo at Kidlat
19. Johnny Hero action figure which you can dress up in different sports gear.
20. The sights and sounds of Quinta market during the Christmas Season.
21. Jingle Magazine
22. Big number of bands during the Quiapo Fiesta
23. Family gathering during the New Year at our home in Mandaluyong
24. Family excursion and swimming at Pansol, the original resort with red rocks on the bottom of the pool and hot steam at one side of the pool for old people.
25. Bruce Lee movies
26. Family gathering in Pakil, Laguna for the Turumba festival.
27. Going up Mount Ping-as in Pakil, Laguna with my brothers, sister, and cousins and having a picnic at the top of the mountain.
28. Family VisitaIglesia
29. Fiesta Carnival
30. Magnolia ice cream in canisters with dry ice at the bottom
31. Animated Christmas display at COD and at San Miguel Brewery near Malacanang
32. Attending the Apalit festival and waiting by the riverside for the image of ApongIro on a boat to pass by.
33. TV Times magazine
34. Buying 45 rpm records
35. Shell Action Transfers. You rubbed images from sticker sheets onto backgrounds like the sky, the jungle, field ,and battleship
36. Going with Papa to Avenida to buy new clothes for Christmas
37. Tagalog comic books like Aliwan, Happy, PinoyKlasiks, and Wakasan